Friday, June 14, 2013

REVIEW: Boba 3G

Anybody outside of blogland who knows Mr. Lee & me, knows that we wear (or hold) our children as babies, infants, toddlers, & even older, when they need a snuggle, rest, etc.  We've been babywearing now for over a decade and it has been a tremendous blessing in so many ways.

For anybody unfamiliar with babywearing, the benefits are phenomenal & numerous.  Just a handful of the benefits are a hormone boost for mama, which can help with milk supply & postpartum recovery, bonding between the child & the wearer, allowing baby to be cared for safely while the wearer is hands free, and an increased quietness & alertness for the child which gives them the time to study the world around them from a safe, loving, & secure environment.  When a child is able to observe life from a place they feel safe, they often reach developmental milestones faster (learning to talk, walk, potty learn, etc.) and they will often become independent sooner because of the sense of security they have felt.

I know, I know "they" say if I carry or wear my baby (or child) they will become spoiled.  The most polite way I can respond to that is to say it is hog wash!  A baby ideally spends a full nine months in the womb & then all of a sudden they emerge from their safe haven.  Can you imagine all of the overwhelming stimulation they receive starting with the birth itself, but then to be laid down all ALONE?!  Uhm, where did everybody go?!  Mama!?!?  Where ARE you?!  I am scared, cold, & unsure of the new world around me!!  That sure sounds scary to me & I am big girl; can you just imagine how unsettling that would be for a baby?!  Of course, older babies & children, while they aren't immediately recovering from the awesome adventure of coming earthside, they still greatly need that closeness, security, & love too.  

That is where babywearing comes in!!  When worn, a child's needs are able to be known & met as fast as possible because they are known promptly (trust me on this one... a child in a carrier of some sort will let you know if they are hungry, tired, wet, dry, etc.).  Over the years I have worn ring slings, pouch slings, mei tais (no, not the drink!), framed backpacks, soft structured carriers (SSC), wraps, etc.  I have tried them all!  Certainly not every brand, but I have tried pretty much every type of carrier out there.  They all have pros & cons.  Some are more comfortable for a newborn or smaller child, while some are more practical for an older baby or child.  Some are adaptable for a newborn to a larger child, but require expensive add-ons, such as an infant insert, to do so.

Enter the Boba 3G!!

I can't even tell you how ECSTATIC I was when chosen to review the Boba 3G.  I was given my choice of colors & I chose Montenegro (black), but Camouflage & Tweet were close behind in my color choices (you can check out the other fabulous color choices here).  I actually really like all of the colors the 3G comes in, but I knew Mr. Lee would wear Montenegro or Camouflage rather than a floral or cutesy pattern, so I wanted to be sure to think of him when choosing the color.  Also, anybody who knows me knows that my favorite color is black (unless we are talking food, in which case it is chocolate, hands down) because it hides stains & is slimming. 

The Boba 3G has so many great features (check them out here)...I have finally found my favorite carrier!!  It is extremely versatile & doesn't need a costly, add-on infant insert yet is usable from birth through toddlerhood (7-45 lbs), comes with a removable hood (for a napping child and / or for protection in inclement weather), has adjustable, removable stirrups to provide extra leg support for older & taller children (which is a HUGE plus for me because we have very tall children), adjusts very easily for people of various heights & sizes (mama, daddy, older siblings, grandma, aunts, uncles, etc.), has a few pouches to store things in, can be worn on the front with the child facing in or on the back like a backpack, the straps can be loosened to allow for easy, discreet nursing, etc.  It is absolutely FABULOUS!!

We have been sure to really give it a good test period & have worn the 3G to the store, warehouse clubs, church, rummage sales, sporting classes & events, the park, an amusement park, a waterpark, on walks, hikes, at a picnic, frequently at home (at least once or twice a day), & I am sure I have forgotten other places, but you get the idea.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the Boba 3G is nice & soft, which means no rub marks on baby's delicate skin and it is comfortable for baby & the wearer.  I also have an Ergo Performance (Boba 3G & Ergo Performance side by side comparison review coming soon), but have not reached for it one time since my Boba 3G arrived... not one time... & I was wearing it everyday prior to getting the Boba 3G!

There is only one thing about it that has room for some improvement which would make the Boba 3G the absolute perfect baby carrier ever in my eyes & that is the zippered pocket, which is large enough to keep the removable hood in when not being utilized. When the hood is in the pocket it is bulky & it causes a bulge that goes into the back rest area. It isn't an issue for us though because I have found that since my LO is frequently dozing when worn in the 3G anyway, I just keep the hood hanging down so I can grab it & secure the baby's head as soon as he falls asleep. I absolutely LOVE the 3G & the hood pocket is not an issue for me. I just mentioned it though because it may be a bigger for someone else. The pocket is certainly still very handy for other smaller, items like keys, teething tablets, a cell phone, teether, etc.  

Overall I give the Boba 3G 5 stars & would very highly recommend it to anybody looking for a soft structured carrier!!  Be sure to check out Boba's website as they have many other wonderful products (I am personally eying the teething pads for the shoulder straps as my little one loves to suck on the straps), in addition to the 3G.  Boba can also be found on Facebook & Twitter so be sure to stop by & tell them you heard about them from Mama Lee @ All Things Mine & Yours.


 Boba Inc. provided a Boba 3G carrier for my review and my unbiased review is based upon my experiences with it & was not influenced by any outside factor.


Have you ever worn a child??  Do you currently wear a child??  If so, what is your favorite carrier??  What is your favorite color choice for the Boba 3G or any of their other great products??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment... I love to hear from my readers!!